UAV's are car sized, agile plane drones that the First Sons uses for both espionage and attacking Cole. They appear to be about nine to eleven feet in length, and make a characteristic buzzing sound while active. When they are shot down they will spew smoke and fly off in the direction they were going and crash.
The behavior of a UAV is closely related to on what occasion they appear. The UAV's used in Spy Drones are used to track the possible locations of the Ray Sphere, and thus, aren't armed. They will mostly just fly around in circles.
The UAV's featured in Against the World or the El Train side mission in the Historic District, however, are armed with target-seeking air-to-ground missiles. The missiles have about the same explosive radius as enemy grenades.
The tracking UAVs take more shots to destroy than the AGM UAVs.
Cole can easily take them down using Precision. If the UAV is close enough, they can also be taken down with any other attacks, as long as it's in range.
An alternative way of taking them down is if Cole has Good Karma and you have the Rocket Redirect upgrade for the Megawatt Hammer. Simply fire a Megawatt Hammer into the air, and then hit the UAV with Precision.
The missiles fired take a long curving path but are still quite accurate so stay sharp.
- During the Spy Drones mission, Cole will have to take down four UAV's and steal their flight recorders.
- During the El Train Side mission in the Historic District, an armed UAV will attack Cole about halfway through the mission.
- The balloons in Against the World will be guarded by both an electromagnetic shield and a UAV.
- During Spy Drones, if one of the UAVs lands in the water another one will be summoned.
- If Cole destroys a UAV as it is traveling towards him, it is possible that the crashing UAV will hit him, causing damage.
- The drones appear to be based off of the real life MQ-9 Reaper Drone.