This article is in pieces, and needs to follow the wiki's manual of style.
Please help the inFamous Wiki revamp the page, then remove the
This article lacks images or contains outdated images.
Please improve the article by adding images up to date, and then remove the
This article lacks sources. Please improve the article by adding necessary sources, then remove the
|Current status:||Active (Good Karma)
Eliminated (Evil Karma)
|Primary locations:||New Marais|
|Primary attire:||Green Camouflage Theme|
Camo shirts, white tanktops
Camo pants or jeans
Camo hunting caps
|Type/s of Conduits:||None|
|Appears in:||inFamous 2|
Cole MacGrath first meets the Rebel leader, Rosco Laroche, after rescuing his niece Sara from a Devourer. Laroche is at first unsure of Cole, having a general distrust of Conduits, but is willing to have his rebel help Cole retake Fort Philippe after the former helps him out.
After Zeke Dunbar learns that the Transfer Device has been moved to the fort, he helps Kuo formulate a plan to steal medical supplies from the Militia, to give to the Rebels. Once Kuo has the supplies Cole helps her deliver them to the Rebels, wining their aid.
Laroche moved his headquarters to the Rebel Outpost until teaming up with Cole to retake fort Philippe, where he and his men find the transfer device that created the Vermaak 88 ice conduits. After clearing the fort, the rebels used it as a new base of operations and many Rebels could be seen guarding it.
Cole can choose to help the Rebels by doing various side missions. In the mission where Cole attempts to take down the Behemoth for a second time, the Rebels assist him and along with him Kuo and Nix assitance are finally able to defeat him. Finally, in the last mission of the game, the Rebels attempt to stop the Beast and help Cole recharge the RFI. What happened to the Rebels after this remains unknown. In the final cutscene a civilian can be seen with camouflage pants, this may have been a rebel.
- Light Rebel: Slightly weaker than most enemies. Wears standard Rebel attire, camouflage pants, camouflage shirts, tank tops, etc. Carries what appears to be a Desert Eagle pistol.
- Heavy Rebel: Same strength and attire as the light rebels, but carries an RPG.
The rebels used several locations as headquarters:
- In Ascension Parish they used a movie theater with "Call Of Booty" on a sign on it, this was used until after the Heart and Minds mission of as the Militia discovered them.
- Rebel Outpost in Ascension Parish, it was briefly used after "Hearts and Minds Campaign". It had 2 guard towers on it and it is where Cole found the first Blast Core. It was used until the Rebels captured Fort Philippe.
- Fort Philippe, was the headquarters for the Rebels until the happenings in Flood Town and Gas Works. After the death of Bertrand, the Rebels would once again use the fort as their hq.
- In Flood Town the Rebels would use Zeke's first flood town roof as its headquarters there until the Death of Bertrand.
Instead of delivering medical supplies to the Rebels with Kuo, Cole follows Nix's plan. As Nix (disguised as a member of the Militia) turns one of the fort's turrets on the Rebels, Cole comes to the rescue, earning the Rebels trust.
- The Rebels are creatable in UGC and will act hostile toward The Militia, The Corrupted and Vermaak 88. They are also slightly weaker than The Militia.
- In Ascension Parish a number Rebels can be seen patrolling the streets.
- Rebels will sometimes help Cole should he chose to aid them in a fight.
- A Rebel makes an appearance in InFamous 2: Festival of Blood, a Rebel appears, but has no interaction with Cole unless Cole bites him.
- In InFamous 2 the Rebels participate in both Karma endings fighting The Beast, but they are wiped out in the Evil Karma ending; contrary to the Good Karma ending in which they survive as a Rebel is seen in the closing cutscene.
- Also in InFamous 2, the Rebels participate in both "big boss battles" against Bertrand and The Beast.
- In "Hearts and Minds" Kuo, Cole, and Zeke brought the Rebels antibiotics. However, the Rebels continued to have the plague. This is due to the fact that no known medicine could cure the plague.
- Ironically, the Rebels were created to fight the Militia, but joined up with the Militia in "The Final Decision."
- In several interviews, the Rebels were referred to as "Laroche's Rebels" and "Cole's Rebels"
- Several Rebels are named during InFAMOUS 2, with Laroche calling a few of them by Ric, Randy, Jeff, and Eric. However, there is no way to know who is which.