- "My mother would have starved to death in Empire City without your help, thank you."
- — The Woman's dialogue when Cole is on the Good Karma side.
If the player destroyed the Ray Sphere in Empire City the woman will thank Cole and kiss him, then walk away as the mission ends with Zeke calling Cole saying he shared some of his food and deserves a kiss too.
- Reward: Intimate Reward +20 XP
- "My mother starved to death in Empire City because of you! I'll kill you!"
- — The Evil Karma variant.
If the player used the Ray Sphere in Empire City; the woman will hate Cole, blaming his selfishness for the death of her mother. She immediately becomes hostile as control is returned to the player, and attacks along with a squad of Militia, seemingly being part of a plan to ambush Cole. When the Militia attack, they light fires at both ends of the alleyway, preventing Cole from escaping. When all enemies are defeated, the exits will go back to normal and the mission is complete. It is optional to kill the woman.
- Reward: Payback +20 XP
Upon completion, Cole receives 100 XP and slightly reduces enemy activity in New Marais.
- This side mission (Good Karma variant) is the easiest in any InFamous game as it involves nothing other than triggering the mission and watching a shot cutscene.
- The mission is based on Cole's choices in inFamous, not his choices in inFamous 2. If neither Trophy is imported, the mission will instead be based on Cole's current Karma.
- The mission changes depending on the destruction or use of the Ray Sphere in the inFamous mission End of the Road (ie, having the Trophy "Good Sphere" or "Evil Sphere"), but the woman references the mission First Glimpse, which gives the Trophies "Good Eats" and "Evil Eats."