The majority of this article contains spoilers and crucial plot details from inFamous series.
Read the article at your own risk.
This article is in pieces, and needs to follow the wiki's manual of style.
Please help the inFamous Wiki revamp the page, then remove the
This article lacks sources. Please improve the article by adding necessary sources, then remove the
The inFamous series is a franchise owned by Sony Computer Entertainment, and was developed by Sucker Punch Productions. The series mostly consist of an action/adventure, sandbox superhero video game for the PlayStation console, and also several comics, some of which were published by DC Comics.
The series is mostly based on the bike courier turned superhuman (dubbed as Conduits) Cole MacGrath, who gained electrokinetic and electromagnetic powers after a horrific catastrophe. Most of the games and comics' environment presses Cole in a dystopian and ruined world, where most of the civilians detested Cole and those with powers. The game makes you decide which karmic role to fulfill, whether Cole would be evil or good.
For most of the story's plot, Cole is uncovering the conspiracy that lead to the conception of his powers, which was perpetrated by a secret organization known as the First Sons. Later on, he learns that it was all to prepare him for the coming of a powerful entity known only as "The Beast". When the moment arrived that he had to face the entity however, he was defeated, which forced him to retreat Southwards, while the Beast followed him.
Gameplay in inFamous is based on the use of your Powers and parkour abilities. Cole MacGrath has many skills at his disposal, including the ability to scale any wall, which accounts for a hefty portion of gameplay in inFamous. Another hefty portion is Cole's electric superpowers, which are also the focus of both games.
- Main article: inFAMOUS
The series originally began with the game inFamous. The player controls Cole and has to decide whether he wants to use his powers for good or for evil. The game uses a Karma system, where depending on the players actions, the population of Empire City, the game's setting, treat Cole as either a hero or a tyrant.
The story revolves around Cole eroding Empire City from three factions that have plagued the city; Reapers, Dust Men and the First Sons. Throughout the course of the game more is revealed about the Blast and Cole's enemies. After destroying the Reapers and the Dust Men and their leaders, (Sasha and Alden Tate). Cole confronts Kessler, his nemesis whom murdered his girlfriend, Trish Dailey. During their final encounter Cole defeats Kessler and it is revealed that Kessler is Cole from an alternate timeline, a future destroyed by the Beast. Hence this is the reason why Kessler had done what he did, to prepare his younger self for the future.
- Main article: inFamous 2
inFamous 2 is a game that was released on June 7, 2011. The game once again features Cole and a similar Karma system. The game follows Cole's journey to gain enough power to defeat the Beast, revealed as an antagonist in the ending of inFamous.
inFamous: Festival of Blood
- Main article: Festival of Blood
inFamous: Second Son
- Main article: inFamous: Second Son
inFAMOUS: Second Son is the third game in the series. It was released on March 21, 2014. It takes place 7 years after the events of inFamous 2 in Seattle, Washington, fighting the D.U.P., and features the ability for its new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, to absorb the powers of other Conduits, now known as "Bio-Terrorists".
inFamous: Precinict Assault
- Main article: inFamous Precinct Assault
inFamous: Precinct Assault is a spin-off game released prior to the release of inFamous. It is available on the original inFamous game's website, as a 2D platform game.
- Main article: inFamous Anarchy
inFamous Anarchy is a spin-off released on Facebook. The game is a strategic and social game, allowing the player to build his own city, as well as fight other players and collect items and finish jobs.
- Main article: inFAMOUS: Post Blast
Post blast features John White and Cole MacGrath as main characters. The comic is set in Empire City, directly after the Blast. Four comics of the series has been released, prior to the release of inFamous.
inFamous: DC Comics
- Main article: inFAMOUS: DC Comics
In 2009 it was reported that an inFamous film was in the making, however In 2011 it was announced that, although there had been a script written, the project had been cancelled.
- As of April 2012, a page had been created on IMDb for the InFamous movie, stating a release date for October 9, 2013. This date is obviously wrong, as no InFamous movie has been released as of 2014.
- Despite rumors circulating that the series would be getting entries within the 'PlayStation Originals' line up alongside Uncharted, The Last of Us, and Sly Cooper in 2015, no word has come from Sony itself, and after the failing of the Ratchet and Clank film and supposed cancellation of the Sly Cooper film, it's been assumed by many that the InFAMOUS project was cancelled as well.
- In January 2017 it was leaked online that Sucker Punch had decided to shelve the InFAMOUS series after the lackluster reception Second Son received, as well as Nate Fox's desire to work on a new intellectual property.
- In November 2017, it was revealed Sucker Punch was indeed working on a new intellectual property, Ghost of Tsushima, further proving that the InFAMOUS series has been shelved, despite prior statements that Eric Ladin, the voice and motion capture performer for Cole MacGrath had been called in for a performance.