This article is a stub.
You can help the InFAMOUS Wiki by expanding it, and then remove the
|Mission gained:||Transferring Power|
|Location obtained:||New Marais, Fort Philippe|
|Appears in:||inFamous 2|
Ice Launch is a new power in inFamous 2.
If Cole chooses to use the Power Transfer Device with Lucy Kuo he gains many of her Cryokinesis powers including Ice Launch. Ice Launch is a power which allows Cole to propel himself high into the air by rapidly creating an ice stalagmite at his feet which launches him into the air much like a powerful springboard, allowing him to achieve greater height and distance.
When used in combination with Static Thrusters Cole is able to move around the city much faster. Also, if used while running, this move launches Cole farther and higher in the air than a jump ever could. It is also useful when trying to escape large groups of enemies.
Power Usage: 1 - 1/2 Battery Core
- Cole (after gaining power from Kuo)
- Ice soldiers (a smaller version, but it propels them farther then Cole)
- Heavy Unit (a more advanced version than Cole's, but they do not propel themselves completely, they stay airborne and attack from above.)
- Crusher (despite not launching a pillar of ice, the Crusher can propel himself farther just by jumping.)
- Lucy Kuo (though she is never seen using the ability to propel herself upwards, she could use icicles to throw enemies at Cole's feet, leaving them vulnerable to attack.
- The low-ranking Forced Conduits also use this power in battle (similar to how Reaper Conduits use teleportation).
- They can, however, jump nearly unlimited ranges, thus giving the impression they can launch higher than Cole.
- In a very recent interview, Sucker Punch called this the Ice Jump.
- It's one of the only flying/jumping type moves such as Firebird Strike or the Detonation Blast.
- This power is the Good Karma counterpart of Firebird Strike.