This article lacks images or contains outdated images.
Please improve the article by adding images up to date, and then remove the
This article is in pieces, and needs to follow the wiki's manual of style.
Please help the inFamous Wiki revamp the page, then remove the
This article is a stub.
You can help the InFAMOUS Wiki by expanding it, and then remove the
|Based on:||New Orleans|
|Appears in:||inFamous 2|
With most of its properties owned by Joseph Bertrand III, Gas Works is where most of Bertrand's funds go to. After their escape, the Vermaak 88 took control over Flood Town, after being driven out of Flood Town by Cole MacGrath, New Marais Police Department and Rebels, The Vermaak moved into the powered down Gas Works and quickly took over. Shortly after, the Vermaak's numbers were cut by the powering up of Gas Works by Cole, and much of the district was destroyed by Bertrand during his final battle with Cole. Shortly after the death of Bertrand the Vermaak's numbers were again cut short after battles with the remaining Militia.
The gas tanks of the Gas Works are extremely tall in size, and are mostly white with sporadic red stripe on them. The have three vertical Induction Grinds running up the side of the tanks, and they continue all the way to the top. When they are destroyed, they collapse in a fiery explosion that can physically harm Cole if he stands to close.
Several walkways can be found around this district. They are yellow and can be destroyed easily by grenades or rockets.
There are also pipelines found over the streets. They connect the tall Gas Tanks. These can be destroyed as well.
Warehouses can be found in many locations throughout the Gas Works. The walls and windows can be destroyed, but sadly, the buildings are unable to collapse.
- Gas Works contains the most destructible objects out of any district in New Marais, from gas tanks to warehouse walls.
- After the death of Bertrand, Gas Works plays no part in the storyline in the game. Although The Beast destroys a Transformer in Gas Works in the final mission when trying to power the RFI.
- Despite the fact that the Ice Soldiers do not appear until the events of Torn, using the UGC allows the player to access the second island early, where the Ice Soldiers are already in occupation.
- The fire from the gas tanks being destroyed is not damaging to Cole.
- Apart from the final battle with Bertrand, the swamp monsters are almost never seen in Gas Works.