This article is in pieces, and needs to follow the wiki's manual of style.
Please help the inFamous Wiki revamp the page, then remove the
This article is a stub.
You can help the InFAMOUS Wiki by expanding it, and then remove the
This article lacks images or contains outdated images.
Please improve the article by adding images up to date, and then remove the
|Location obtained:||Ascension Parish|
|Appears in:||Infamous 2|
This power is only available to those who chose to swap powers with Lucy Kuo via the Power Transfer Device. It is not available to those who have Evil Karma. The only exception of this is if the player has beaten the game twice on both Good and Evil Karma or have not reached Power Level 3.
The power functions similar to Polarity Wall in inFamous in that it generates a shield of ice that blocks most small projectiles such as bullets. The shield itself gives Cole energy if something is successfully blocked.
Ice Soldiers possess a variant of the frost shield, allowing them to create a shield made up of pure ice. Unlike Cole's shield, this shield allows some degree of protection against explosion as well, though the shield shatters or simply falls out of the users' hand after the explosion. This variant can get chipped at the edges if hit by gunfire or a conduit's powers. Crushers and Titans possess an advanced Frost Shield, that appears to cover every part of their body, like armor (the face is uncovered in the case of the Crushers), impenetrable to gunfire, and hard to destroy with explosions.
- The Frost Shield is good for using against the Ice Beam from the Heavy Unit and the Titan, but does not replenish energy.
- Despite being a power that only acts as a shield, using it will still bring up a crosshair as if Cole was normally aiming. The crosshair is there to allow threenaxes of movement, unlike the first game where the shield would only move horizontally.
- If Cole has Evil Karma, it will appear light orange red but will still have a cryokinetic aura around it.
- Strangely, the Frost Shield is a Good Karma only power, unlike its predecessor Polarity Wall.
- The Frost Shield does not require any Battery Cores to function.