Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Empire City's seen some dark days, Linda. It's gonna take a lot of effort to restore this fine city to what it once was."
- — General Darren Bridges interviewed by reporter Linda, on Empire City.
|Economy:||Extensive (prior to the Blast) |
Critical (post Blast)
|Based on:||New York|
|Appears in:||inFamous: Post Blast |
inFamous: DC Comics
inFamous Precinct Assault
inFamous Anarchy (non-canon appearance)
Empire City was a large city located somewhere in the New York area of the United States of America. The city consisted of three islands, or districts; the Neon, the Warren and the Historic District.
Prior to the Blast
Empire City was originally a highly populated city and consisted of three islands; the Neon, the Warren and the Historic district. The Neon was the commercial section of the city, with many companies and markets. The Warren was Empire City's slum and industrial part, and the largest island of the three. The Historic District was the cultural part of the city, with many parks and landmarks. The large city gained its power from several Substations, all of which were temporarily disabled during the Blast.
- "Back then Empire City was in quarantine, it had gone to hell."
- — Cole MacGrath on the chaos of Empire City.
The Blast activated several Conduits in the city, all with their own intentions. The stronger ones took control of large parts of the city, whereas the weaker were forced under control of the stronger ones. The police force had to defend the city, but only managed this thanks to the help from the newly activated Conduit Cole MacGrath.
- "What will they do the first time they expect me to be there for them when I'm not?"
- — Cole has become a hero.
Eventually MacGrath defeated all of the gangs in Empire City, and restored peace. However, the DARPA Agent Moya Jones, who had been working with Cole before her lies were revealed, kept her promise and made the call to bomb Empire City. With several resources storming the city, eliminating the weak and sick, Empire City was once again in chaos. It wouldn't take long until Moya created a form of "super-soldiers", whom she sent to aid in the battle of the city. However, Cole MacGrath (with some help from the cops) managed to stop Moya and once again restore order in the city. After this, the citizens of Empire City began worshiping Cole as something more than a hero, and with his help managed to rebuild Empire City to its former state.
- "I was strong, I was ready, I had fought it with everything I had ... and it wasn't enough."
- — Cole's grief over his mistake.
With the arrival of the prophetized "the Beast", Empire City was entirely destroyed despite Cole's effort to stop it. Following the chaos, the word of the Demon quickly spread as the fate of Empire City came to be known. The director of the NSA, Houston, began investigating the matter, though the conclusion of this remains unknown.
The demise of Empire City resulted in the collapse of the global economy, as the world struggled to respond to the sudden loss of the Empire Exchange, and the trillions of dollars in damages caused by the Beast's rampage along the Eastern Seaboard and also leads Cole to sink into a depression state.
- Main article: Evil Karma
- "Empire City is a wasteland ... I've taken this place down, notch by notch, and it's never getting up again."
- — Evil Cole exclaims his superiority
In the timeline of Evil Cole, the city would learn to fear Cole as a tyrant. The city slowly began to fall apart, and with the aid they received from Cole, the Reapers quickly managed to overcome the police. It wouldn't take long until Cole ruled the city with a hand of steel, where the weak fended for themselves, and the strong ruled them all.
- Main article: The Neon
- Main article: The Warren
- Main article: Historic District
The Historic District was the island most affected by the Blast, and many parts were in ruins. With this, the Historic District was made a Burial Ground where victims of the blast could be laid to rest.
Notable Landmarks and locations
- Stampton Bridge
- Zeke's Roof
- Smith Fountain
- Reaper Compound
- Empire Electrics
- Jefferson Tunnel
- Archer Square
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Tent City
- Valentine Park
- Examiner Building
- Eagle Point Penitentiary
- Containers Area
- Bayview Hospital
- Alden's Tower
- Adamson Building
- Coleridge College
- Steel Harbor
- Stone Canal Bridge
- 19th Street Drawbridge
- Fremont Bridge
- Gas Stations
- Medical Clinics
- Empire City Rails
Notable persons from Empire City
Notable organizations in Empire City
- USTV Broadcasts throughout inFamous 2 indicates that Empire City was located in the vicinity of New York City and Boston, noted for being a prominent economic center as well as being home to a population of millions.
- In trailers for inFamous, Cole said the Empire City Blast destroyed the radius of 6 square blocks. In inFamous 2, however, he says 5 square blocks.
- Empire City appears to be modeled after New York City, thus explaining Cole's New York dialect as well as giving a hint on the location of the city.
- Empire City returned with a different appearance in inFamous 2, than it had in the first game. Through a glitch it can be revisited.
- Empire City's national flag was red and white in InFamous Anarchy.
- Despite being an American city, the city's skyline in the cutscenes contain various notable buildings from Melbourne, Australia (Primarily:101 Collins Street)
- Empire City is the only map with three islands, as New Marais and Seattle have two islands
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 inFamous DC Comics
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 inFamous
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 inFamous 2
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5822042/infamous-2-is-the-post+katrina-video-game-that-america-deserves
- ↑ http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20067
- ↑ inFamous Anarchy
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101_Collins_Street