This article is a stub.
You can help the InFAMOUS Wiki by expanding it, and then remove the
This article is about an upcoming game or DLC. Any information here may drastically change over time. All information here should also be sourced correctly, to ensure that no written information is any form of speculation, for the benefit of all users and editors alike.
|Full Name:||Delsin Rowe|
|Voiced by:||Troy Baker|
|Appears in:||inFamous: Second Son|
- "Damn… I love meeting new people."
- — Delsin Rowe
Delsin is a 24-year-old who believes that he is destined for greatness. Being a street artist, his uncontainable free expression sets a perfect background for his standoff with the DUP. He grew up just outside of Seattle where, after rescuing the passengers trapped aboard a burning Conduit Transport, he discovers he can manipulate, direct, and even transform into smoke.
Whilst wondering if he could have received his powers from one of the strangers on the transport, Delsin finds himself a target of the Department of Unified Protection (DUP), a government agency set up to ensure that the events of Empire City and New Marais never happen again. When Delsin discovers that he is now one of the "Bioterrorists" - whom the DUP ruthlessly hunt down and cage up - he's forced to run, searching for others like him in order to save those he cares about. The choices he makes along the way change the future of everyone around him.
Delsin has a rebellious attitude and favors anti-authoritarian street art. He is also an artist himself and enjoys tagging buildings with his own artwork. Unfortunately, this constantly irritates and embarrasses his older brother, Reggie, who is forced to keep arresting him over and over again.
Powers and Abilities
Delsin discovers his powers when he absorbs the abilities of a man on a DUP carrier, taking on Smoke Manipulation. Later, he discovers that he possesses the ability to mimic the powers of other conduits, with no limit seemingly.
- Power Absorption: Delsin has the natural ability to absorb the abilities of other conduits, which he discovers after encountering a crashed conduit transport vehicle. This gives him the potential to be one of the most powerful conduits in existence, due to the fact that he can have multiple powers at any point and can always absorb more. It is unknown if there is any limit to how many powers he may absorb.
- Smoke Manipulation: Delsin's initial powers seem to be based on Smoke and ember, having the capacity to shoot smoke out of his hands, or even turn into smoke and travel quickly around the city through the use of air ducts. He can also deploy smoke grenades, which, after explosion, cover affected enemies in smoke and incapacitate them. Delsin can use the chain on his arm as a whip, seemingly imbuing it with burning ash, similarly to how the Amp was wrought in Cole's electricity. Additionally, he can make use of a smoke dash ability for heightened motion and produce lateral propulsion for a short while via Smoke Thrusters. His smoke dash can also be used offensively, as he dashes through an enemy and rematerializes behind them, choke-slamming them to the ground in the process. Delsin also replenishes his power by absorbing smoke from chimneys, cars, and DUP tear gas canisters. He can use his special Smoke Karma Bomb abilty called Orbital Drop: Delsin dematerializes into three balls of smoke which propell upwards. Upon reaching a specific height, Delsin rematerializes and rapidly falls down, exploding into smoke and embers upon contact with the surface.
- Neon Manipulation: At some point, Delsin is revealed to have obtained Neon powers through absorbing them from Abigail Walker. With it, he is shown to have powers similar to his smoke dispersal abilities yet instead dissolves and reforms from gaseous energy based semblance. He can discharge Neon stream lasers from his hands which also blow up upon contact to deal more damage to enemies than the smoke projectile as well as simulate some type of light dash, which when used dissolves him into Neon itself and enables him, and brief after images of him, to sprint up or around walls and literally run on air from a starting jump for brief periods of time. Delsin's chain can also be covered in neon and made rigid, allowing it to be used like in sword-like fashion, he can also use neon to charge directly into enemies, knocking them over, similar to his smoke choke slam. He also has neon grenades which suspend enemies in air for a short amount of time. Aiming while using the Neon power set utilizes a mode similar to Precision, time slows down and it highlights certain weak points around specific enemy body parts. Weak points are Karma specific, shoot an enemy in the head to cause them to be "obliterated" and explode into a puff of red neon and receive evil karma, or shoot them in the shins to restrain the enemy to receive good karma. Sources show he also has some kind of propulsion ability honed by a force field situated at the lower legs similar to Cole's Static Thrusters and Delsin's own Smoke Thrusters. He can replenish his Neon reserves by absorbing it from the brightly lit neon signs situated around the city. With Neon power active, Delsin can use his special Neon Karma Bomb called Radiant Sweep: in which he concentrates neon energy into himself and then bursts, shooting beams in all directions, producing a massive explosion. The effects of which are currently unknown, other than the swathe of neon flames it leaves behind.
- Parkour Skills: In addition, Delsin seems very physically able, having the same free running and parkour abilities as Cole. He will be able to climb buildings in a similar manner. He is described as not being a very experienced climber, but if he sees something he can climb, there's nothing stopping him from trying. Sucker Punch co-founder Chris Zimmerman has gone on record saying that Delsin can parkour two times faster than Cole.
Basic Conduit Abilities
- Enhanced Strength: Like all Major Conduits, Delsin has enhanced strength. He effortlessly pulls his brother's arm off of Abigail Walker to the point where Reggie shows physical pain. He was also able to effortlessly pull off a chain link door off a cage.
- Durability: Delsin is able to fall from relatively high distances and land unharmed.
- Rapid Healing: Delsin is stated to be able to quickly heal from sustained wounds.
- Delsin is voiced by Troy Baker, who also provides the motion capture for the character.
- He bears a superficial resemblance to an early design for Cole called Talon.
- Shortly after his first appearance, there was wide speculation on whether or not Delsin was Cole's brother or son. These facts were later ruled out.
- He is the first inFamous character to have his age confirmed, as 24. This would make him 17 during the events of inFamous 2.
- Although Cole's age was stated to be 26 in InFamous 2, it was only in the Japanese version, making it non-canon.
- His powers in the trailer resembles those of Nix and The Beast.
- The name "Delsin" is of Native American origin which translates to "He is so".
- In an issue of GameInformer, it has been stated that Delsin is of Native American descent.
- In an E3 gameplay reveal trailer, it's shown Delsin has a Sucker Punch logo on the back of his jacket.
- Delsin follows Cole in referencing Sly Cooper, as he has a button on his jacket bearing the Sly Cooper logo.
- In a way, Delsin bears a resemblence to Peter Petrelli from the popular TV Show 'Heroes'. Peter is also revealed to be a mimic, and at one point is regarded as the most powerful of all the 'specials.'
- In one gameplay footage, when Delsin attempts to use the DUP's hand scanner, the automated voice referred to him as the "Prime Conduit", similar to how members of Vermaak 88 referred to Cole as the "Prime Conduit."
- While not true Pyrokinesis, Delsin's Smoke Powers could be considered an offset of it.
- Delsin comes from the "Akomish" tribe, which is a fictional tribe made so that Sucker Punch wouldn't offend any actual Native American tribes.
- ↑ http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/10/infamous-second-son-watch-the-new-trailer/
- ↑ http://gamingeverything.com/47159/new-infamous-second-son-details/
- ↑ http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/05/07/ps4-infamous-second-sons-delsin-rowe-can-absorb-other-conduits-powers/
- ↑ http://www.psu.com/a021626/inFAMOUS--Second-Son-hands-on-preview.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiaTwOWAVoY
- ↑ http://lenta.ru/features/infamous/fight/.
- ↑ http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/infamous-interview/