The majority of this article contains spoilers and crucial plot details from inFamous 2.
Read the article at your own risk.
This article is in pieces, and needs to follow the wiki's manual of style.
Please help the inFamous Wiki revamp the page, then remove the
|Side Mission:||The Sidekick, Gunboat Diplomacy, Masquerade, Field Medicine|
- Cole: "Bout time you and I had a chat."
- Bertrand: "I've got nothing to say to you ... freak."
- ―Bertrand and Cole.
Bertrand Takes the Stage is the 7th story mission in inFamous 2.
- Cole: "What've I missed?"
- Zeke: "Well, basically Bertrand's been telling everyone that ... you're the devil."
- Cole: "Oh ... nice."
- —Cole meets up with Zeke at Bertrand's speach
Kuo contacts Cole and laments that she's lost the trail on Dr Wolfe's whereabouts and is frantic becauses she know's he's as good as dead once the Militia extract the information they need from him. Zeke also panics and reminds Cole that Wolfe's the reason they are in New Marais. Kuo then tells the gang that if they can get the leader of the Milita,Joseph Bertand III to talk, he'll know where Wolfe is. Kuo then adds that Bertand is elusive most of the time, but he's giving a speech in a few hours at St.Ignatius. Cole then heads to a building right by St. Ignatius, when there he tells Zeke that he'll stay out of sight until Bertrand makes his appearance. Two hours later, Cole makes his way inside the rally.
Speak of the DevilsEditOnce Bertrand makes an appearance, the assembled crowd begins cheering and chanting. Bertrand has used his political power to title Cole "The Demon of Empire City" and convince everyone attending the rally that Cole is a menace to New Marais. Zeke's disgusted that Bertrand is berating Cole and tells him they should leave and figure out another way to save Wolfe, but Cole,(who's used to people talking trash about him) tells them that they have no choice and that Zeke doesn't have to stay at the rally if he doesn't want to. Zeke replies that he isn't going anywhere. Bertrand then brags about the Militia, calling them the "true guardians" of the city and proclaiming that they are all that stands between the people and the "freaks."
Right on cue, a random citizen notices one of the "freaks" on top of the stage scaffolding. This sends everyone into a panic, except for Bertrand, who tasks his Militia with dealing with the corrupted . Cole immediately jumps to into the fray and takes on several members of the corrupted while assisting the Milita, who exclaim they don't need his help while the civillians look on in awe as they realize Cole is trying to help them. Once Cole has dealt with the monsters, Bertrand takes off, mocking Cole's abilities and intentions.
- "Huh! Hit me in the head again!"
- — Cole destroying the Chopper
Knowing this might be his only chance, Cole takes off in pursuit of Bertrand's limousine.Cole then uses grindwires to keep up with Bertrand, until dropping onto the roof of his limo. Bertrand, calmly brushing off Cole's threats, says that he had nothing to say to him and if he were Cole, he would be more worried about [his] head". Suddenly, Cole gets hit in the head with the skid of a Militia helicopter as he turns around to see what Bertrand meant, the force of the.impact sent him flying off of the limo and onto the ground. After getting up, Cole faces the helicopter. Upon Cole dealing with it, Zeke contacts him about the "shirtless inbred crocodile freaks" that Cole had the pleasure of fighting as well as a weird device on Gafney Street that Cole should check out.
- This mission was the first entire mission to be publicly seen in a gameplay footage of inFamous 2.
- The footage also featured a power not featured in the retail copy of the game - an unnamed power functioning as a horizonal Induction Launch. It was removed because there were already enough ways to get around the city.
- The Electromagnetic Shockwave was dubbed as "TK-Blast" in the footage.
- After this mission is finished, members of the Corrupted will randomly appear in certain locations.
- Cole can catch up with the limo, stand in front of it, without any reaction from Bertrand or his driver. If Cole jumps up on the limo's roof from in front, he will still jump from the rear of the limo in the cutscene.
- USTV will show a report of the events of the mission, using a looping video of Bertrand on stage, with the looping video looking like it was taken by someone recording from the crowd with their cell phone.
- There is a small glitch in game where when it is time to go after Bertrand's limo, the corrupted are still alive and will chase you.
- This is negated as Militia will shoot them down.
- In the Japanese version, Bertrand states Cole is twenty-six years old, however it is only stated in this version and considered non-canon. The reason it was only stated in the Japanese version is unknown. This is further disproven by a statement by Nate Fox in 2009, as he claimed Cole is 27 in the original InFAMOUS.